Monday, December 9, 2013

Egg Nog Overnight Oatmeal


The season of egg nog has officially arrived! I decided to continue last nights egg nog cocktail with a breakfast of egg nog overnight oats - I was able to find the SO delicious coconut nog (with 90 calories in 1/2 cup) for the oats, but for the cocktail I used the real stuff.
I actually had to put on my snow boots and walk out in the yard this morning to get our spoiled diva boxers off the front porch - I got the look that means we're going to pee right here on the porch unless you make us go in the yard - which means I too must go into the grass. Ahhhh. Sweet and spoiled are the best adjectives to describe our dogs. I made the most of the icy morning and grabbed my camera. 
I've been making overnight oats since I read about them on one of my favorite blogs - PB fingers. She posted this recipe a few weeks ago and I must say, it is a new winter favorite. I'm still on the look out for the Bolthouse Farms egg nog, but I wasn't able to find it at our local Kroger or the Fresh Market. Please share if you know where to find the Bolthouse version! 

Egg Nog Overnight Oats
from PB fingers 

2/3 cup old-fashioned oats
1 tablespoon chia seeds
6 ounces plain or vanilla greek yogurt
1/3 cup eggnog (Bolthouse farms holiday nog)
nutmeg
banana, cut into slivers
slivered almonds
craisins

Before going to bed, combine the oats, chia seeds, greek yogurt, and eggnog in a container, and soak in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, add a sliced banana, slivered almonds, a few craisins, and a dash of nutmeg. Add a splash of almond milk if the oatmeal seems to dry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment