Monday, May 20, 2013

Crunchy Oven-Roasted Chickpeas


I am always searching for new healthy snacks to satisfy my crunchy/salty cravings when I'm watching a Downton Abbey marathon or working a long night shift. I saw this recipe on Pinterest months ago, and have been wanting to try it. These crunchy chickpeas are so yummy and completely guilt-free! I will definitely be making other variations in the near future...


Oven-Roasted Chickpeas
1 can chickpeas, rinsed and dried on paper towels
1 Tbsp olive oil
Sea salt to taste (1/4 tsp)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 lemon, zested

other spices to sample: cumin, tobasco sauce, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper
  1. Preheat oven to 425
  2. Mix chickpeas with oil and seasonings. Place on a baking sheet (I use a Silpat baking mat) and shake to make sure chickpeas are in a single layer.
  3. Bake for 15 minutes, then toss well and flip, then bake for another 15 minutes.
  4. Remove from oven, transfer to a bowl, and add the lemon zest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment